Prequalification Notice – EEPB-KfW-2018.686.86-RFB-01-W-23-FBIH
Prequalification Notice of the Project Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings
(Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Component)
|Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings (Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Component)
|German Financial Cooperation
|KfW Procurement No.:
|Type of Notice:
|16 August 2023
|15 September 2023
- The Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina has received financing from KfW Development Bank and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the project “Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings (Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Component)”. The overall objective of the project is to improve the energy efficiency performance, to ensure sustainable structures and to improve comfort conditions for users in selected public buildings. Future energy savings will contribute to reduced greenhouse emissions and to sustainable development in Federation.
- The Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina now intends to prequalify Applicants for construction works of the first two lots (“Contract 1” and “Contract 2”) of the project consisting primarily of educational facilities, nine in total, located in Tuzla, Kalesija and Zavidovići. Construction works comprise of the energy-efficient rehabilitation and modernization of the buildings, amongst others the increase of structural integrity, energy efficiency, and basic comfort. Applicants are permitted to apply for a single Contract or both Contracts.
For purposes of establishing an Applicant’s eligibility and qualification, Applicants must demonstrate that they substantially satisfy, among others, the following minimum requirements:
- Not been declared ineligible by KfW, and/or not subject to sanction from either Germany, the European Union or the United Nations in accordance with the lists of exclusion established by these institutions regarding fight against terrorism;
- No conflicts of interest;
- Non-performance of a contract did not occur as a result of Applicant’s default as a prime contractor, joint venture member or subcontractor within the last five (5) years;
- Not under suspension based on execution of Bid Securing Declaration;
- Soundness of Applicant’s financial position through submission of audited financial statements for the last five (5) years;
- Minimum average annual turnover of at least 2 million EUR;
- Construction Experience within the last ten (10) years including installation of energy efficient heating systems, thermal insulation in façades, energy-efficient windows and exterior doors and electrical works in buildings;
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001 certificates.
It is expected that the Invitation for Bids for prequalified bidders will be made in Winter 2023. Tentative commencement of the construction works Is Spring 2024
- Prequalification will be conducted in accordance with the procedures as specified in KfW Development Bank’s “Guidelines for Procurement of Consulting Services, Works, Plant, Goods, and Non-Consulting Services in Financial Cooperation with Partner Countries” (available on KfW’s website ) and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from the Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina during office hours, at the contacts A complete set of the Prequalification Document in English may be obtained electronically in PDF format free of charge by interested Applicants upon submission of a written application to the following address:
The written application shall be accompanied by a cover letter clearly stating the company name, country of domicile and contact details.
- Applications for prequalification should be submitted in English language to the address below either by mail or by hand in clearly marked and sealed envelopes by 12:00 (noon) CET on 15 September 2023. Upon submission, the time and date of submission will be officially
1 (one) original, 2 (two) hard copies and 1 (one) scanned electronic copy in PDF format addressed to:
Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hamdije Čemerlića no. 2
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The submission of the original Application is decisive. The time of receipt of the original documents at the Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina will prevail. Late Applications will be rejected and returned unopened.
Sarajevo, August 2023