REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
ADDITIONAL FINANCING FOR THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECT
Loan No./Credit No.: 8906
Assignment title: stocktaking of all public buildings owned by Federal and Cantonal Governments in Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and development of a digital map-based platform to capture and visually present data on location of all identified buildings, and supplemented with data on the public buildings needs for the energy efficiency
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): BEEPAF-P165405-CQ-34-CS-21-FBIH
The Bosnia and Herzegovina has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Additional Financing for the Energy Efficiency Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include: inventory taking of all public buildings owned by the Federal and Cantonal Governments in Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, design the work plan, review of the existing documentation, collect updated data, verification of data in cases when there is a concern about accuracy of specific dataset submitted by the public building owner, development of data base and development of a digital map-based platform to capture and visually present data on location of all identified buildings, that are supplemented with data on the public buildings needs for the energy efficiency investments, organizing the field teams for the inventory taking of public buildings’ and verification of the self-reported energy efficiency data, conducting analysis of the financial framework for energy efficiency of public buildings in Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina etc. Based on the preliminary data assessment, the expected stock of public buildings is up to 3,600. Of those, 2000 may be eligible for the EE improvements. It is expected that out of those 2,000, for up to 500 (25%) will need additional data verification through direct field visit. Expected duration of the contract is 6 months.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina website www.fmpu.gov.ba and Project website www.beep.ba.
The Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Project Implementation Unit now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services by fulfilling following requirements:
– Company information: name, registration, address, telephone number, facsimile number, year of establishment, contact person for the project, fields of expertise;
– Confirmation on no obligations relating to the payment of direct and indirect taxes in accordance with the relevant laws of Bosnia and Herzegovina (may not be older than three (3) months) or with the relevant law of the country from the EOI submitter;
– Hold a license from Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina for performing energy audit and certification of buildings for complex building systems in FB&H or if not available will be obtained within 30 days as condition to sign the contract. The Consultant shall provide a confirmation along with the EOI that he will secure the license in case he is selected to submit technical/ financial proposals
– Details of experience in minimum two (2) similar assignments undertaken in last five (5) years, including value of consulting services and value of works, location, name of the Client, type of services provided, contract period of execution;
– Curricula Vitae (short version, specifying experience in similar assignments, five (5) CVs of key personnel from various professions requested under such services) of key staff who will be working on the assignment(s) with minimum:
– Team Leader, responsible for managing/overseeing the entire consultancy contract implementation; University degree (Master’s equivalent) in architecture, or civil construction engineering or related field; minimum ten (10) years of experience in relevant field, including project management of similar assignments;
– At least two (2) additional graduate architect and/or civil engineers with competency exam passed and at least five (5) years of work experience in relevant field;
– At least two (2) IT engineers with five (5) years of work experience in web based mapping platforms development.
– One (1) administrative assistant (support personnel, CV not needed);
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture (max up to three members with identification of the leading company) and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected. Same information shall be submitted for the leading company and the associate companies except holding license from FMPP which is obligatory for leading company;
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 12:00 to 16:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail or by e-mail) by January 20, 2022.
Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Project Implementation Unit
Attn: Mrs. Jasmina Mangafić, Team leader
Hamdije Čemerlića 2, 71000 Sarajevo
Tel: +387 33 726 548
Fax: +387 33 726 511