REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
ADDITIONAL FINANCING FOR THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECT
Loan No./Credit No.: 8906
Assignment title: Energy certification for public buildings under the implementation of the energy efficiency improvements in public buildings
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): BEEPAF-P165405-CQ-13-CS-21-FBIH
The Bosnia and Herzegovina has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Additional Financing for the Energy Efficiency Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include: Energy certification of thirtyseven (37) project public buildings includes energy audit of building in order to issue energy certificate for it, and includes the following tasks: implementation of the energy certification process, provision of relevant information and calculations for each building in accordance with the applicable regulations for energy certification in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, determination of the energy class of the building, issuance of energy certification of the building, provision of relevant data for each of the certified/labeled buildings for the buildings database after issuance of energy certificate. Related thirtyseven (37) public buildings are located in Canton Sarajevo (11), Herzegovina-neretva canton (6), Canton Tuzla (2) and Zenica-doboj canton (18). The Consultant service is expected to be implemented within 3 months.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina website www.fmpu.gov.ba and Project website www.beep.ba.
The Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Project Implementation Unit now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services by fulfilling following requirements:
– General qualification of the firm (including documents defining the constitution or legal status, place of registration, and principal place of business of the Consultant firm, year of establishment, fields of expertise);
– Hold a license from the Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FMPP) for detailed energy audit and certification of buildings for complex technical systems or if not available will be obtained within 30 days as condition to sign the contract. Such consultant shall provide a confirmation along with the EOI that he will secure the license in case he is selected to submit technical/ financial proposals;
– Reference list of similar assignments: Minimum three (3) energy certifications assignments conducted in the last five (5) years. The reference list should contain the list of issued energy certificates with individual number / label of each certificate. All submitted lists will be checked in FMPP’s database.
– The key personnel:
– At least one (1) university graduate mechanical engineer, at least one (1) university graduate architecture/civil and at least one (1) university graduate electrical engineer, all with minimum five (5) years of professional experience or minimum 3 years in buildings energy audit conducting;
– Engineers have to have proof that they have passed competency examination and completed training program for Module 2 (energy auditing and certification for complex technical systems).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture (max up to three members with identification of the leading company) and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected. Same information shall be submitted for the leading company and the associate companies except holding license from FMPP which is obligatory for leading company;
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 12:00 to 16:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail or by e-mail) by January 11, 2022.
Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Project Implementation Unit
Attn: Mrs. Jasmina Mangafić, Team leader
Hamdije Čemerlića 2, 71000 Sarajevo
Tel: +387 33 726 548
Fax: +387 33 726 511