Prequalification Notice – EEPB-KfW-2018.686.86-RFB-02-W-24-FBIH
Prequalification Notice of the Project Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings (Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Component)
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Employer: Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Project: Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings (Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Component)
Funding Source: German Financial Cooperation
Grant No.: BMZ 2018.686.86
Contract: Contracts 1
ICB No.: EEPB-KfW-2018.686.86-RFB-02-W-24-FBIH
KfW Procurement No.: 510892
Type of Notice: Prequalification Notice
Issued on: 09 February 2024
Deadline: 12 March 2024
- The Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina has received financing from KfW Development Bank and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the project “Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings (Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Component)”. The overall objective of the project is to improve the energy efficiency performance, to ensure sustainable structures and to improve comfort conditions for users in selected public buildings. Future energy savings will contribute to reduced greenhouse emissions and to sustainable development in Federation.
- The Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina now intends to prequalify Applicants for construction works of the first lot (“Contract 1”) of the project consisting primarily of educational facilities, five in total, located in Tuzla and Kalesija. Construction works comprise of the energy-efficient rehabilitation and modernization of the buildings, amongst others the increase of structural integrity, energy efficiency, and basic comfort.
For purposes of establishing an Applicant’s eligibility and qualification, Applicants must demonstrate that they substantially satisfy, among others, the following minimum requirements:
- Not been declared ineligible by KfW, and/or not subject to sanction from either Germany, the European Union or the United Nations in accordance with the lists of exclusion established by these institutions regarding fight against terrorism;
- No conflicts of interest;
- Non-performance of a contract did not occur as a result of Applicant’s default as a prime contractor, joint venture member or subcontractor within the last five (5) years;
- Not under suspension based on execution of Bid Securing Declaration;
- Soundness of Applicant’s financial position through submission of audited financial statements for the last five (5) years;
- Minimum average annual turnover of at least 3 million EUR;
- Construction Experience within the last ten (10) years including installation of energy efficient heating systems, thermal insulation in façades, energy-efficient windows and exterior doors and electrical works in buildings;
- ISO 9001 certificate (or demonstration of equivalent).
It is expected that the Invitation for Bids for prequalified bidders will be made in Spring 2024. Tentative commencement of the construction works Is Summer 2024
- Prequalification will be conducted in accordance with the procedures as specified in KfW Development Bank’s “Guidelines for Procurement of Consulting Services, Works, Plant, Goods, and Non-Consulting Services in Financial Cooperation with Partner Countries” (available on KfW’s website) and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from the Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina during office hours, at the contacts A pre-application meeting shall also take place on 19 February 2024 at the Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina to clarify issues and to answer questions on any matter that may be raised at this prequalification stage. A complete set of the Prequalification Document in English may be obtained electronically in PDF format free of charge by interested Applicants upon submission of a written application to the following address:
The written application shall be accompanied by a cover letter clearly stating the company name, country of domicile and contact details.
- Applications for prequalification should be submitted in English language to the address below either by mail or by hand in clearly marked and sealed envelopes by 12:00 (noon) CET on 12 March 2024. Upon submission, the time and date of submission will be officially
1 (one) original, 2 (two) hard copies and 1 (one) scanned electronic copy in PDF format addressed to:
Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hamdije Čemerlića no. 2
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The submission of the original Application is decisive. The time of receipt of the original documents at the Ministry of Spatial Planning of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina will prevail. Late Applications will be rejected and returned unopened.
Sarajevo, February 2024